Sunday, December 19, 2010

10 week Korean class- done and done!


I did it! I did it! I did it!

After ten weeks of haulin my booty across town to a 2 hour Korean class twice a week, I finally graduated :)! Now, can I speak Korean?...that part is questionable. However, I can read the Korean alphabet, and I have a much larger Korean vocabulary than I probably ever would if I had not taken this class.
One great thing that did come out of this experience were some great friends. The class started out with about 30 people from tons of different countries. I loved hearing everyone else's native languages and learning more about their cultures. One moment that stuck out was when we were learning Korean numbers, and everyone went around and counted from 1-10 in their native language. There were probably 10 different languages within one classroom...it was so awesome!
(our class playing a game during our Holiday/graduation party)

Over time the class dwindled in size...but I got to know the people that stayed in the class much better. I became close friends with 3 other girls in the class (all in their mid 20's, from America and Canada) and having them there really made the class fun. We even had a "Holiday sleepover" the other weekend- so fun!

and we went to a "trampoline city"!



I hope everyone has been having a lovely holiday season so far! Stay tuned for more posts about how the holidays are shaping up here in Busan!!
Love yall!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment