Friday, July 15, 2011

Lantern Making



Around the time of Buddha's Birthday, I took part in one of my favorite Temple Cultural Activities yet: lantern making! We all know that I'm a sucker for arts and crafts, so this was right up my alley.
They provided us with the wire frames for the lanterns, and we applied the paper and glue with our own designs.


We also made a 'lotus lantern', and for this kind, they provided special 'petal' paper that we applied in layers onto the metal and paper frame.

We wrote our wishes for the new year on a long strip of white paper and attached them to the lantern.
These lanterns are currently living in our house here in Busan, but I'm not sure they will survive the trek back to America.. Who's up for a lantern making party at my house in Austin in the fall??

xoxo
Amy

1 comment: