Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nakdong Estuary Multicultural Center



A few weekends ago, I went to an area on the Western side of Busan that I had never been to before. My friend Maddie lives over there, so she was able to show us around to a few really neat places. The first place she took us was a park on the Nakdong river*. Apparently this is the spot where birds that are migrating land, but I think we were there during their 'off season'. Regardless of the birds, it was a beautiful spring day! So many children were out with there bikes and little cars..it was adorable.
*Interesting fact: this river marks the line during the Korean War of the spot where North Korea reached before being stopped by America. So, Busan was really one of the only cities untouched by the North during that time.






The area also had a sculpture garden with some very beautiful art. I find myself feeling...a lack of art here in Korea, so this was a nice thing to stumble upon.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment