Friday, April 1, 2011

Name That Korean!


At Reading Town, all of our students have, or are given, English names when they join our school. At first I thought this was weird, and felt like we should call them by their actual Korean names, but, once I realized that I could not pronounce half of their names...English names were fine by me! Also, growing up, I always had 'Spanish', 'Italian', and 'Hebrew' names in my various language classes, and it does put you more in the mind set of learning and speaking that language.

We have new students join our school all the time, and a lot of times we get to 'name them'! I LOVE THIS. We usually write about 20 names on the board, and the student gets to pick. So, naturally, I only write names of friends and family members because I get a kick out of teaching kids with the same names as people back home!

Below are some pics of students that we have 'named' since we have been here. Ps- if your name hasn't been 'chosen' by a Korean yet, it probably will be soon! haha! We seriously put all of yalls names up there!









SHANNON



















CINDY
















HARRY




















STEVE















CLINT





















RYAN















NATHAN



















TIM












ADAM













And last but not least, this is JENNY!! Most of you know that basically all of my friends are named "Jennifer" (Jenny Gilbert, Jennifer Nash, Jen Landers, Jennifer Vogel, Jennifer Savory, Jennifer Roe...should I go on? :) )...so this one's for yall!


Happy April everybody!
Love you and miss you,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment