Saturday, August 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Oh hey world! Thanks for coming by our new home! Come on in, we'll give you a tour!


Yes, this is our front door, and yes, these are the stairs/ladder you have to climb to get into our house. We are crossing our fingers for no icey weather this winter. We live on the second story of a house, so this entrance is kind of on the back of the house. We dont really know our downstairs neighbors, but we can see their backyard from our balcony and they have a really beautiful garden. I am very curious about them, so I sort of stalk them when they hang out in their backyard...creepy, I know.

This is our room from one angle. Above our bed you will find our AC unit, and a mesquito net (which we have not had to use yet). To the left of the bed is our one closet....pshyeah right. We got crafty and found other places to store/hang our clothes because clearly, this wouldn't do :).

This is our room form the other angle. Please take a moment to admire our crafty storage. Also, thank you mom and dad for not allowing me to bring all the shoes I wanted to bring. You were right- I didnt neeeeed all of them.

This is our guest room/media room/library/other closet. This is where each of you can stay when you come visit us! We were very lucky to arrive to an already well stocked bookshelf. The TV does not work, so I think we might get rid of it. One thing you cant see from this photo is the HUGE map of Texas we put above the bed. Cheesy? Yes. Necessary? Absolutely.

This is our kitchen from one angle. That is the front door. The fridge is a good size. We don't have an oven, but we do have a stove top, and we have been putting that to good use. Our house came completely furnished, so we were lucky to have all of the appliances/dishes here when we arrived.

Kitchen from other angle. That sink is the sole sink in the house, hence the toothbrushes and toiletry basket. Ya do what ya gotta do.
The bathroom. Prrretty rough, not gonna lie. While it is a plus that the shower is not directly over the toilet like in most traditional Korean homes, the shower is still pretty bad. Zero water pressure and only capable of 2 temps: 32 degrees, and 150 degrees. But, what can ya do :)?. I think this bathroom is going to serve as one of those lessons to teach me to appreciate what I have at home.
Looking through the laundry hanging room to the balcony. What the bathroom lacks in charm, the balcony makes up. I love it out here. Bryan does a lot of reading here, and we have enjoyed some lovely dinners on that table. I am really looking forward to the temperature cooling off a bit so that we can hang out here without sweating. *Oh, I also just realized I forgot to put up a photo of our "middle room". It does basically just that, sits in the middle of the kitchen, bed room, and guest room. It has a table, and 2 chairs. You get the idea :)

I hope you enjoyed our little tour! I love our new home, and hope you do too!
Have a nice day/night!
love,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment