Monday, August 30, 2010

Lets hear it for the kids

A glimpse into a typical day at school:


This is the main street about 2 blocks from our house. We have a short and easy walk to school which is nice. Our school, Reading Town, is on the 3rd floor of the large building on the right side of the street. The green signs say "Reading Town" in Korean.
This is the lobby of the school. The computer lab and libraries are on the left. All of the classrooms (named after US Ivy League schools...Duke, John Hopkins, Brown, Cornell, etc) are on the right

This is one of my younger classes. They are pretty great, most of the time :). They were having a hard time with vocabulary, so I made a vocab matching game which they are working on here. I decided the partners, and they were NOT happy about that :( But, I think they learned the vocab a little better!
Ella, Ann, and Sarah (Ann is one of my faves)
"Ryon the Lion" and Michelle
Tony and Michelle. I tried to tell Tony about "Tony the Tiger" because his best friend is "Ryon the Lion"...it didn't translate.
Andy and Rachel. Andy is a punk, and Rachel is a superstar student. Rachel was verrry upset to be paired with Andy, and shaking her head and saying "terrible, terrible, terrible" the entire time.
This is Brian. He is in the highest level class, and is rrreally good at english. He has his arm around the empty chair to represent Tommy, his best buddy and one of our favorite students that had just left the school that day :(.
During a writing assignment in this class, Brian looked up and me and goes, "Teacher Amy..you know that me and Brian use curse words sometimes?"
Me, "Yes Brian, and that is not a good thing.."
Brian, "Well, Teacher Amy, I am working on...how do you say?....Changing my habit."

Sarah and Julie..2 more rockstars. They are also in the highest level class and Bryan and I are constantly wow-ed by their intelligence level. They are incredibly curious students, and love learning...so we love them :) (I also had to do about 4 of these pictures, because they are middle school girls, and therefor were verrrry self conscious of their pics)
Another one of my lower-middle level classes. The girls are sweethearts, and the boys are little devils. I think the same good be said about a 3rd grade class in America.

Today and tomorrow we are giving our classes the "Monthly Tests". I have a feeling that these are pretty tough, and I hope that we have prepared them enough in the short time we have been here. Cross your fingers that they will do well!
love,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. hope they did well on their monthly test! Y'all make such cute teachers (have you/will you teach them "y'all"?) ! I am glad you have another Rachel there to help you keep from missing me too much... although I don't think Andy looks like a horrible partner at all. miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete