Sunday, September 5, 2010

Haeundae Beach



Bryan and I went to Haeundae Beach the other day and did some brief exploring. This beach is the most popular of the 3 main beaches in Busan, and has the most tourists and biggest crowds. It was an overcast day, so we were just walking around, but the beach was still FULL of Koreans. They are extremely cautious about sun exposure (and have full length clothing on at all times despite the heat), so I think these overcast days might even draw larger crowds. This Saturday we will be coming back here to watch Busan's annual International Surfing Competition.







The area around Haeundae beach is surrounded by open markets. They sell everything from fish, to bikes, to shoes.

one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!




If you know me, you probably know that Im kinda crazy about photographing open markets and their produce....So, just get ready for tons of those shots throughout the year. This country is overflowing with markets, and I love it! Bryan and I discovered a HUGE farmer's market about 2 blocks from our house, and I have already made a trip or 2 there to stock our home up
with fresh and local produce.


Tempting...


We have been told to steer clear of "Street Food" for about 3 months so that our stomachs can get adjusted to the new flavors and ingredients in the country.


We plan on spending a lot more time at this beach, and around this area of town, so I will hopefully have more stories and pics in the next few months!

I hope everyone had a fun weekend!
love yall,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment