Sunday, September 12, 2010

Korean Happy Meals


In South Korea, they are very straight forward about where the meat you are eating comes from. For example, on Korean menus, the meat items are listed as "pig, cow, chicken, etc". While we are use to seeing "chicken" on a menu at home, the words "pig" and "cow" are softened by "pork" and "beef". Bryan and I have agreed that the Korean approach is pretty legit and honest, even though it seems a little harsh at first.
To make this custom even better, all of the restaurants advertise their meat in the windows by having cartoons of the animal they serve looking cheerful and inviting. Koreans like to make everything "cute", so I guess their dinner is not an exception. Its hilarious.


"Oooo! I love sizzlin on this skillet! And, I taste GREAT! Come on in!!!" -Pig

"I taste fabulous! Come give me a try! I won't let you down!" -Squid

Bryan and I are actually on our way out the door for a late dinner of Korean BBQ, or shall I say, pig! We had a very fun filled weekend and did some of our first sight seeing since we got here. I will post pics and stories soon! We heard that the Horns delivered a win this weekend which made our little burnt orange hearts proud from all the way over here :)

love yall,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment