Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kids will be Kids



One HUGE advantage that my students have over me is that I speak ZERO Korean. But with that being said, I am not sure how much my students realize they could use this nugget of information to torture me/cheat/make fun of me without me knowing a word of what they are saying the entire time. So until they figure this out, I'm going to fake that I do understand most of what they say, not let them talk during tests, and pretend that I don't care when they are all laughing and I don't know what they are laughing about...

The kiddos are pretty good most of the time...but the other day when I picked up this note off the ground, I realized that no matter what country you are in- kids will be kids.
One of my classes of 3rd graders has 4 boys in it that loooove to make trouble. I have separated them from each other time and time again, taken 'points' away from their names on the board, and even threatened to call their moms (yeah right, i dont even know how to say "Hello Ms. Trouble Maker Mom, my name is Amy" in Korean..), but they are still little punks.
The other day I saw one of the punk-boys, Jony (you guys won't tell their moms this right?), drop a note next to another boy, Charlie's, desk. I immediately scooped it up, gave them my "imsomadatyoubutisuckatlookingreallymad" glares, and put it on my desk. I quickly glanced at it, but of course, it was in Korean, and so I had no idea what it meant. I decided to not let them know that I could not read it, but rather, a note is a note, and should not of been passed, so I was mad, and they were "in trouble".
I later asked my Korean co-teacher to translate and she burst out laughing.


Translation:

Dear Charlie,

F-you.

(the picture is suppose to represent a middle finger)

This note now hangs proudly on our fridge.


Another gem I came across today was little Dennis' book report:


Looks like one heck of a party Dennis...Im sorry I missed it buddy :)

goodnight yall!
xo,
amy

4 comments:

  1. This was a hilarious post! Wish I was a fly on the wall in your class room!! xoxox to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, amazing. kids these days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. um that is so precious. i miss you so

    ReplyDelete