Thursday, November 25, 2010

감사합니다 (thank you)



Thanksgiving Day is here! Actually, it is coming to an end here in Busan, but it is just beginning for yall! Either way though, I have A LOT to be thankful for and I'm happy to have a day to reflect upon that.

One main reason for moving here was to be removed from my comfort zone in order to learn more about myself, learn more about others, and reflect on the life I was temporarily away from. The third part of that reason has left me overwhelmed with how much I have to be thankful for back home. I always knew this, but now I rreallly know :)

I have an amazing family (both immediate and extended) that has been nothing but supportive and loving during my ups and downs and crazy decision making (for example, moving across the world to Asia). I admire each and every one of them so much, and I am thankful for all that they have taught me, from day 1.

My friends are the best. I feel thankful to have friends across the country, and now the world, that I think are the coolest, most interesting, group of 20-somethings out there!! I love how each and everyone of them is finding their own path in this world. I am thankful for the laughs, the long talks, and the oozing love between us all :)

I am thankful for my life in Busan. I am thankful for each of my students, who have turned out to be just as much teachers to me, as I am to them. I am thankful for the people of South Korea for allowing me to slide into their world and for welcoming me with open arms and big smiles.
Also, I know this might embarrass him, but I dont care- I am incredibly thankful to have Bryan in my life. He has been a huge support to me during this transition, and I feel so lucky to have my best friend here to share this new world with.

This is my first Thanksgiving away from home, and as you can probably tell..its gotten me all sentimental :) Bryan and I are having a small group of close friends over this weekend for a 'traditional' Friendsgiving meal. We will work with what we can find, but unfortunately, I think this year will be a turkey-less one. Either way, it will be nice to be with our 'family away from home'. Today Bryan and I had work (lame), but before hand we did make some turkey wraps for lunch, so at least we had a little turkey!! Bryan will be tuning in first thing tomorrow morning to hopefully see the Horns beat the Ags!! (not gonna hold our breath for that victory...sorry guys)

I want to wish each and everyone of you a relaxing, delicious, and love-filled Thanksgiving! We miss yall!

love,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. I just teared up with joy looking at that sweet pic of us having a blast together this summer. We are lucky girls to have found each other! You are in my thoughts and I am thankful. for. you.

    Lots of Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete